Points to remember
While dealing with a mover a proper understanding about the the moving industries and its procedures is mandatory. You need see to it that the mover gives you a reasonable estimate and a solid guarantee on the safe and secure transfer of your goods across states and countries. Disputes handling program is also needed to understand properly so that you can tackle if any dispute arises in form of losses or damage of goods.
Some points to keep in mind on you moving day:--
- You may get a binding estimate from the mover.
- Do not accept non binding estimate as it is not accurate. Non binding estimate are exceeded by actual charges.
- You must specify dates for pickup/delivery in the order form.
- Do go through the bill of lading properly and clear you doubts. This is your document of contract with the mover.
- You must be aware of the fact that how much your mover is liable for the loss and damages of goods.
- While weighing the truck nobody can stop you from being present over there.
- You have the right to get the truck reweigh.
- In case of opting for a non binding estimate you must have some enough cash or certified checks for paying the bill which includes estimated cost plus 10 percent extra.
- Unresolved claims for loss or damage may be submitted to arbitration; ask your mover for details.
- Be absolutely free at the time movers arrive.
- Delivery details should be fully discussed with your mover.
- Keep everything ready to be packed.
- Don't waste your energy in disassembling goods
- Before signing the bill of lading, go through it carefully.
- Your mover must be properly informed by you about the route to the destination.